Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Staying Busy...

Hey ya'll. So Chris and I have been staying pretty busy. Thursday and Friday of last week I was in a planning conference with some agency folks. We stayed at the Barton Creek Resort (yes, even though I live in Austin and the conference was IN Austin, I still managed to snag a room at a pretty smooth hotel).

Chris came in on Thursday night and got to meet some of my agency friends for the first time. As I've explained to him these are the people who I've been in training with since June. We started with 19 and are already down to 18. Most of us are opening our doors on January 1st, some decided to go in December, and some are waiting until February. Anyway they are about as close to family as I'm going to get for the next couple of years. I'll see and hear more from them (griping to each other, sharing ideas, etc) than I will from my flesh and blood probably. Gotta love it... That's ok - ya'll can do without me for a little...especially once I start buying huge Christmas gifts and paying for college educations, etc. :)

This weekend we stayed pretty busy. On Friday night my good friend Ellen (bridesmaid) and Chris' good friend Sam (groomsman) who both live in Houston both decided to come in for a visit (separately). We had lots of fun hanging out with them on Friday night. Just sat at the house and talked and caught up. Good times!




















Saturday Chris and I played in our flag football game again. We just barely squeaked out a win this time - 25 to 26. We scored with just 46 seconds left on the clock.
Chris and I also both got matching left quad injuries. I think I injured it in our last game, it got a little better over the next 2 weeks, and then reared its ugly head again this week. I got TOASTED running to the end zone by a girl about 1/2 my height! haha I couldn't hardly lift my left leg off the ground while I was running. So I did the team a favor and spent most of the rest of the game on the sidelines cheering them on. I didn't want to be the reason we got scored on again. It's a really fun league though! I think I'll sit next week out just to be sure that I give my leg plenty of time to get better.

Here is a pic of the team in action:

















And just to make you laugh...our photographer Steve coached me and Chris in to posing like you would in a high school homecoming picture. Ha!


Saturday night our friends Nick and Nallely came over and we watched the first 2 discs from Season 2 of The Office. Hysterical!! I freakin' love that show now. We fell asleep fairly early on Saturday.
Sunday we woke up and met John, Jan, Jenny, baby Abby, and our friends Kenny and Nancy at Ihop for breakfast. That turned in to a 3 hour affair. Uggh. Ihop on Sunday mornings should be against the law. Will we ever learn!?
Afterwards we went to our friends Ben and Steve's house to watch football. Chris works with Ben (he's on our flag football team - you can see him in the forefront of that picture in the dark blue and red shorts). Ben and his girlfriend Bethany grilled steaks and squash for us to eat for dinner. They were from Wal-Mart but surprisingly delicious!
After watching a couple of games (Packers vs Chiefs - Chris is obviously a Packers fan and Ben is from Kansas - great game! followed by Colts vs Pats...dang it Colts, wish you would have pulled it out!) we went home. Pretty exhausting weekend, but good fun.
Monday and Tuesday of this week we've just been working. I showed the house to a woman who thought she might want to rent it but it looks like that's not going to work out. :( Too bad. So we're still just laying low in terms of living situations. It's not imperative that we move closer to my office but it sure would be nice! The way I see it I'll be driving in at 6:30 am and leaving at 7pm every day anyway so I should miss the high traffic times. haha
No more news...hope ya'll are all doing great!
Love,
Amy

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

I LOVE the homecoming picture!! And we would rather have you than good Christmas gifts so don't write us off completely!