Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just getting started

Well Mom, Meg, Laura, and Sarah...you've been asking for it. And now you shall receive. I'm starting my blog! I'll try to keep you all updated on what's going on through here so that I never get accused of not telling you! haha
Just so you know my start date got pushed back to January 1st instead of December. I'm really happy about this because it gives us the month of December to call our existing customers, warm up to the system, and put processes in place.

I'll be taking some pictures of my office as it looks today later this afternoon and try to post them tomorrow. There really aren't very many changes that I need to make so I'm happy about that.

Here's a picture of my new employee - she's taking her licensing classes the next 2 weeks then will take a training class out of town the week after. Starting mid-November we'll be together in the trenches trying to get some new customers lined up!




















Hmm...what else. I need votes on which "look" to go with for my business card pictures. Ya'll probably already saw the pics Meg took at my house on her blog. I still can't decide if I want to go with a more casual (red sweater) picture or the professional black suit. Keep in mind I'm in a lower socio-economic area for the most part with a 50% Hispanic demographic break-down. Which one would you choose?























Also for your viewing pleasure here are some pictures from an event I did this weekend. We got a booth at an event called Trick or Treat Trail at Zilker Park (the biggest park in Austin where they hold ACL Music Festival). It was a huge success! I got about 75 HOT leads out of the deal by raffling off an Ipod Nano. Around 250 people registered.




The first pic is me, Maria (team member of another agent here in Austin) and her friend Mary Ann (who works at the regional office in auto claims).









This next one is just a candid shot of me passing out candy, giveaways, and collecting names for the raffle. There were probably 5000-6000 people at this event!
Last but not least is a picture of me giving the winner her Ipod. She didn't speak a lick of English but believe it or not I could actually communicate with her. Winner - Ganador(a). :)
Well I guess that's about it. Sorry the formatting isn't very pretty...I'll get the hang of it eventually.
This last picture is of Chris and some of our buddies from the flag football team we play on eating at Chuy's. I jammed my finger in our last game! It hurt, and even though it's been 2 weeks I still can't put my Aggie ring on.

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

I love your new blog! YAY!! Mom will definitely have to get a computer & internet when she retires now!