Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Office

This is Chantal - she is running my office right now until I can get in there. She worked for the agent that was there previous to me and we are discussing possible employment offers for her to stay on as my 2nd team member. This picture is taken from the vantage point as you first walk in the front door.












This the front of the office. You can see Chantal's desk to the right and the front door to the left. I am absolutely in LOVE with those window treatments. Aren't they cool!!?? I won't be changing them for sure.


As for the paint color...eh, I could go either way. However when you tell me that I'd have to actually perform the physical labor required to change it myself it looks much more warm and inviting. When you see the rugs up close you can see they have the same color green as a stripe and it really ties in together nicely.

This is the other front desk. It is to your right when you walk in the door. The glass divider you see there on the left of the picture is between Chantal's desk and this other desk (where Erin will sit).

I need to find a print to put there on the wall. There was a really cute one there before but the old agent took it with him. Mom - do you feel up to painting one for me? I could send you a copy of the picture! Or I could just leave this wall open to hang your work for sale...keep it in mind!

Wow - now that's blue, huh? This color WILL be changed. I'm thinking on painting it a rust-color...kind of a mix between burnt-orange and maroon. Very symbolic of my "wearing an Aggie ring in a town of Horns" situation. Maybe. Anybody have other suggestions on what I could paint my office? Oh maybe I should mention this room is my office. It's HUGE and has tons of natural light. That's my desk - where I will be writing every single one of my reader's auto, home and life insurance, as well as funding retirement accounts and possibly financing your vehicles, home equity loans and mortgages... ;)








Now we are looking at the view I have from my chair. The door across from my desk leads to a "bat escape" if you will. Jerry would be so jealous!! When I need to escape or hide I can sneak out this door and not have to walk back through the front. I park right on the other side. The table here will be used for team meetings, laid-back policy discussions, etc. The pictures you see are some black and white prints of old Austin (1900's) I purchased last week. I have my own little half-bath just to the right of the bookcase you see there too. WOOHOO!!

So that's the office. What'dya think? I can't wait to get in there and put my own touches on it. I could always use some help - creatively and manual labor-ally so if you should get the bug to come visit me I wouldn't object! In the mean time virtual suggestions (based on the pictures alone) will be accepted. If I can figure out how to get my video camera footage on here I will post a real tour of the office. I walked around and taped everything this afternoon (including the back room and a little part of my commute home...I know, probably not safe to be video taping while driving but traffic was practically at a stand-still).

No comments: